Monday, May 20, 2019

Do I want to move it?

  
I am in the process of cleaning out everything! I have a huge garage sale pile and I've started packing up things I know I want to keep but will not be using soon. I'm not asking myself "do I love it?" or "does it bring me joy?", I'm asking "do I want to move it?" Most of the time the answer is no.

I had a slight panic attack this afternoon as I found a real estate listing for the house NEXT DOOR to the house I put an offer on. It was totally updated, new kitchen and baths, huge bedrooms and not a bad price. Panic attack went away when I noticed it had a pool. I can't swim, I definitely don't need a pool.

I've been doing a little bit of sewing almost every night. The trapezoids are now sewn into pairs.


About half are ironed. Doesn't look like much does it? I hope I did the math right and don't need to make more.

This little baggy is full of the trapezoid corners I cut off. I see a new leader ender project in the near future. ;o)


I made a scrappy binding for the quilt I finished last week.

 
I went searching through my blog to find out when I made this quilt. ??? I couldn't find it anywhere! I've never shown it before! I did find a picture where it was included with a bunch of other to-be-quilted tops in November 2017. I think I made it earlier that year. Huh. Anyway it's done. The pattern is Scrap Basket Treasure from Turning Twenty. And without even realizing it I used my flannel Turning Twenty quilt for the back.


Doubly scrappy.

Nancy came over to sew last weekend. I cut out my Threadology and Aunt Addie blocks while Nancy finished this quilt.


She started it the last time we got together to sew. Between the two days I think she made it in less than eight hours.
 

3 comments:

Loris said...

Ahhhh! You are right. You don't need a pool to deal with. Whew! But the right house will soon show up on your radar. Gloria was checking Realtor.com several times a day for months...actually maybe a couple of years just looking. Then when the time came, it was actually one that had been on the market for 3 months that 'sparked her joy' LOL
I'm not moving but I still look at things much like you do. Why am I keeping this and would I want to deal with it in a move? I'm a split personality though...I save too much. The floor re-do a couple of years ago started changing that a bit.
Great work on your double scrap quilt! It's lovely!

Rose said...

You have been so busy! I have lost my spark and not sure why. But it does me good to see someone else accomplishing things.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Best of luck on your move! About the baggie of leftover triangles... Did you "double sew" those off-cuts from your trapezoid corners??? That won't add much time to your current project. It makes your scrap project SEW much easier... no triangle points to be "eaten" by the sewing machine!!