Monday, January 16, 2023

Doing a Happy Dance

 I spent most of last week cutting fabric. I finally cut the Aunt Daisy triangle in square blocks, 256 of them! I used the Tri Rec triangle rulers to cut all the fabric, but I'll paper piece the blocks to get good points. 


Lots of pieces and parts! 

I also cut up my batik scraps into the sizes I like.


I won't mention the little piece of my finger I cut up. Honest, little. Be careful with those new blades you installed for the new year. ;o)

I really wanted to chase another squirrel last Friday, but I haven't touched my January UFO challenge project and I knew there was going to be a new Project QUILTING (PQ) theme announcement on Sunday. Soooo...

My January UFO.


This was a wool block of the month I started a long long long time ago. I know I'm never going to make the final three blocks so I'm going to split the blocks that are made into two wall hangings and a table runner. I have green hand dye wool to sash everything. I didn't get any further than laying them out on the table.

I loaded Aunt Addy onto the frame.


And stare at it every day. I think I know what I'm going to do in the center around the blocks, but I don't know what to do in the block or the border. If I stare long enough and hard enough hopefully inspiration will follow.

Now for the happy dance. I get to chase my squirrel! The PQ theme this week is Pink Tint. The squirrel I want to chase is Missouri Star's Inside Out Heart. I had a bunch of pink, red, and purple batik scraps and bought a pale pink for the heart.


I already have all the blocks made and the heart laid out on my cutting table. I'll sew the top together tomorrow and hopefully have it quilted Wednesday. Look for another post later this week.



2 comments:

Rose said...

I cannot wait to see Aunt Addy finished. Nor Dausy either for that matter. I love the woul blocks.

Rose said...

I kept meaning to come back and ask how the finger is.. and which finger? And now I see I spelled Daisy wrong above. And wool!