Monday, October 5, 2026

Finally in the Mood

 Took a while but I'm finally back in the mood to sew / quilt. 

After almost two months on the quilt frame, the contemporary quilt is finally done. I have a like / don't like feeling about the quilting.



The most important thing is it is done! I have the next relaxing on the frame; I need to make a back first. I plan on keeping the quilting on it very very very simple!

I finished the Block Step top. I've already purchased the backing fabric so this may get quilted sooner than later.


My guild had a Mischief Makers challenge last month that was due today. 


The challenge was to use the colors from the sock to make something quilted. I thought my pouch turned out cute. The ladies at the guild were going on and on about the fabric and how amazing it was. I thought it was kinda weird...the black and white doesn't look that much like the sock, then one of the other guild members explained that everyone thought the color splashes were part of the fabric print. Ha ha ha ha ha, I cut those out and fused them down, nothing amazing about that.

Angela made and sent me some Halloween goodies.


She has been making everyone fall and Halloween bunting. 


And table runners. I love mine!

Next up are the Side Hustle bags Donna and I started when I visited. I found a very good tutorial that shows all of the steps to make the bag. Hopefully they will finish a lot easier than the start was and no broken needles will occur.


I didn't do too good with my quilting numbers:

    September started with: 29
        Added: 2 (Block Step and a top donated to Q4K)
        Quilted: 1
    Ending with: 30

Hopefully, with my sewing / quilting mood back that ending number will go down in October.


No comments: