Monday, February 10, 2020

Quilting and Blogging

 
Sometimes I wonder how much quilting I would get done if it wasn't for this blog. There are a lot of weeks when Sunday comes around and I haven't sewn a stitch. Then I start wondering what I'm going to blog about on Monday. This was one of those weeks. I have excuses - putting the house back together again after the painters, lots of cleaning, a head cold that hit on Saturday. But they are definitely excuses, I've had the time but didn't start sewing until about 9:30 p.m. Sunday night (I'm a night owl).


Sunday night I sewed all of the blocks into rows. Tonight I sewed all the rows together and stay stitched the outer edges. (picture shows the blocks sewn into rows)

The pattern calls for two borders. I'm not sure if I have any fabric with enough yardage that will work for the borders. Most of my fabric is still packed up and I decided there is no point in unpacking it as I'll just have to pack it back up again in a few weeks when new carpet is installed.

So I'm going to put this quilt away for a bit. Now I need to figure out what to work on next...maybe I should start blogging more that once a week so I don't wait until next Sunday to decide on my next project. ;o)

 

7 comments:

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Well, I'd blog more often too if I had anything to say that I thought would be interesting to read. This quilt is full of diverse blocks that seem interesting to stitch and to look a too.
xx, Carol

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

They are good excuses, lots going on. Sometimes quilting is a great distraction, but other times there's just no focusing on it when you've got other things to do. I'm sure it felt great to get those blocks all into one quilt. So much detail--love it!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

This quilt is really beautiful. Love how the blocks play together so well. Sometimes we have to let something besides quilting take priority, but I am glad you are saving time to stitch.

Loris said...

Ha! Funny ways we find to motivate ourselves :-) Your quilt blocks are looking interesting. It will be fun to see the border fabrics you find.
I have been stalled not wanting to pick up the Straits quilt that I worked on with Elinor. So Marianne and I went upstairs and started working on a quilt that has been waiting for quilting for a year probably...maybe longer. I'll probably finish that today and get the binding on it. Then maybe I can face sewing rows of blocks together and get onto to the Straits border. Marianne is stepping in to help more :-)

Rose said...

I wish blogging would motivate me. It seems like I seldom do much unless my daughter comes. She was going to come this weekend, but now Roger and I have a cold, so she won't be coming.

I will be interested to see what borders you use when you finally get to tem. I look at this and have no idea what I would choose.

Needled Mom said...

I’ve really neglected my blog of late. Guess I’m getting more accomplished since I don’t have a blog to keep up. 😏. Your quilt is looking great.