Monday, February 3, 2020

Watching Paint Dry


Watching paint dry is BORING!  But it is now done. They left for the final time about 5 p.m., complaining about the long day and how hard they had worked finishing everything up. Not much sympathy from me as they didn't get here until 10:30. I've never had construction workers / painters show up so late in the mornings. The earliest was 9:30, the latest was noon. The job is done and I love the new color.

You can't tell it much from this picture but the paint is a much lighter color. Previously it was a mocha / latte brown - walls and ceiling, now it is a goldy white - walls and ceiling.


Makes the room look much larger and brighter. For all the windows, my bedroom and the living room were not very bright. Now they are.

Here is Bella inspecting the top of the wall to make sure they didn't miss a spot.


And here she is pushing the limits - she is not allowed on the kitchen counter tops.


Not much new sewing / stitching wise. I got the fifth week's block completed and a large portion of the frames.


I messed up the order of the frames (the long frames were supposed to be rows five and nine). There was potential for another bleep moment but I decided it was a design choice. ;o)

The rest of this week will be spent putting everything back where it was. I think I'm going to move some things around in the sewing room. With any luck I'll be able to get some sewing done this weekend.
 

7 comments:

Loris said...

Oh yay, the painting is done and it looks lovely! That Bella is a smart girl! Who would want to miss sitting in that box! Your home just gets better and better. I hope you have a quick job of putting it back together so you can relax and sew.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Glad your paint is done finally. I hate having to move stuff around. It will take me forever to remember where I put things in the new place. If I move anything here....it's lost. Each thing has it's place. Yet, I still can't find my car keys.
xx, Carol

Bonnie said...

Isn't it a relief when it is all done! I bet this has been hard on Bella as cats do not like changes as well as new smells which the paint must have brought. She is not on the counter - she's in the box Mom! I know about those "design choices"! I've made quite a few myself! I love the color of the room now. Good luck putting everything back.

straythreads said...

Congrats getting the painter guys out of the house.looks nice.i like creamy whites on the walls too and always a challenge to find the right one
Thanks for commenting on my blog the book I’m using for the log cabin star quilt is Not your Grandmothers Log Cabin

Needled Mom said...

The paint looks lovely and I'll bet it feels so fresh and clean. Love your little cat inspector!

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

So glad they are done! The last guys we had here (window/door replacements) wouldn't show up till 10...and then take an hour lunch 2 hours after they got here....and then leave at 4. I was so frustrated!!! I bet you're so happy to have your house back and glad you love the color!

Rose said...

I have been checking back daily to see if they are done...I am so glad thy are. And just now noticed...blogger has done it to me again...I checked last night thinking maybe they had been done and you might have posted. It only pulled up the post from the day before.

I love the new paint look! I like things bright and airy feeling. Bella seems to be enjoying it, too.

And I am loving the stitching...