Monday, April 20, 2020

Goal

 
My hardwood floors are finished. I LOVE THEM! The color is not as dark, a little bit redder, warmer, and doesn't look like there are stains all over. Before...


 And after...


I know, kinda hard to tell the difference in the pictures but believe me there is a BIG difference.

It took three and half days. With me out of the house for two days and Bella out for six. The smell was pretty strong.

Three more weeks and the carpet is installed, I can barely stand the wait.

Didn't get much sewing done as I was banned to the back bedroom (very noisy). I did get a little bit of cross stitching done. Made a little progress on the General Jack quilt:

 (not looking forward to squaring up all those HST blocks)

 I also got the binding made for the Side by Side quilt.

What I really need to be doing is getting some of these smaller quilt tops pinned and quilted.


I currently have 15 unquilted tops. That is almost embarrassing to admit. There is seven in the pile and one below. All have backs, some have batting. All, except for the one below, are very small and shouldn't take long to quilt. My goal is to get all of them pinned, and ideally start quilting at least one of them.

Hold me to this goal.


5 comments:

Loris said...

I'm sure it feels great to have that floor done. It looks beautiful! Nice to know the carpet will go in a lot quieter :-) Your quilt stack looks impressive. The finishing will probably be easier once you feel like you can fully unpack and get your machine set up as well.
I finally got the Straits quilt top done and on the machine. I'm back to sewing masks but will get it quilted soon...though I'm not sure what design to do as of yet. Pondering just a meander since it's so busy.

Rose said...

I love coming here and finding a post! Your floor is beautiful...in both views. But I think I can see the difference.

I cannot think how many quilt tops I have. Most of them from before my Juki. A couple of them need a border, but I can't find what I want. And actually cannot decide if I am going to put one on the other.

I got some triangle papers I keep meaning to try but never have. I hate the squaring up of triangles, though my daughter got those rulers that are for sqaring them up and it really helps if you press to the dark.

Barb said...

15 tops! wow
your floors look great

Needled Mom said...

The floors are gorgeous! Isn't it a great feeling and worth all the hassle in the end.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

The floors look great and I'm sure it's a relief to have them done! Fifteen, eh!?!