Monday, April 27, 2020

Quilt Sandwiches

 
Mmmmm, food. I think I've gained over 10 pounds in the last month. Unfortunately most of it is boredom eating. I don't know who keeps buying junk food at the grocery store. Lucky for me quilt sandwiches are not fattening.


Two of the quilts I showed last week were already pinned. I got three more pin based before I ran out of pins. After I quilt the Lincoln's Sampler I should have enough pins to pin the last three.

I did get the sampler quilt marked with the Baptist Fan template. That took a bit to do as the light fabric was marked with a blue water soluble pen and the dark fabrics with a white chalk. Sure hope in all comes out. I have a feeling this is going to take a while to quilt.


I finished making all the HST for the General Jack quilt. I didn't mark the smaller squares. I used this tape as a guide...sew a bunch on one side then flip the squares and sew down the other side...one long chain. I had to tape down the yellow tape as it kept lifting up.


Now I have 524 HSTs to press and square up. I'll probably do a little bit every night when I need to take a break from quilting all the fans - maybe they should be my goal for this week.

I also spent some time working outside. Tested the sprinklers, raked up all the oak leaves from the side yard, and pulled up a bazillion weeds and small oak saplings that were trying to grow every where.

I'm seeing new flowers and seasonal plants spring up every day. The azaleas are in full bloom.


I have a dogwood tree:


 The blooms are such a pretty pink.


The hosta's are shooting up:


Hehehehe...they look like horns.

I saw my first deer yesterday morning across the street. If it eats my roses before they bloom I might have to get my deer hunting license (not really). Luckily they don't seem to like pansies as they are growing everywhere.
 

4 comments:

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

I hear ya on the eating--for so many reasons I'm in the kitchen way too much these days! It helps now that it's warming up and I'm outside more. We're lucky the deer generally stay away from our house. Will they get your hostas? (My sis has deer and they get everything!) Great job on the calorie-free sandwiches!

Rose said...

You have been busy! I need some of your energy! Are you machine quilting the fans?

I love all the flowers/dogwood, etc.

Needled Mom said...

I think we've all gained weight without our normal schedules. Those quilt sandwiches look mighty tasty to me!

Love to see everything blooming - especially the dogwood.

straythreads said...

You are re getting so much done good for you. Beautiful dogwoods I don’t think they grow where I live.thanks for commenting on my blog, the indigo bocks are 7 1/2 inches so cut 8 the 9 p blocks use 2 inch strips
Stay safe stay busy and stay home