Monday, September 7, 2020

Busy Week

 

I got a lot done last week. I have company coming to stay a week starting tomorrow so I've been doing a lot of cleaning - which seems to include rearranging and moving stuff around (again). I also managed to hang a few more pictures. I'm still thinking about the others.

I got two small quilts quilted. I changed my mind about how I was going to quilt both of them. Once I did that they both got done quickly and I'm really happy with how both of them turned out.

Temecula Quilt Company's Tiny Tree is finished:
 

Simple straight line echo quilting. You can really see the quilting on the back. I kept the tree really simple, just a couple of lines to hold it down.


I also quilted Kim Diehl's Plain Folk. Originally I was going to quilt Baptist Fan's but I really didn't want to spend a lot of time marking the little quilt. I thought about just quilting the fans freestyle but I've never done that before and wasn't feeling really confident about my ability to do them even after I "practiced" on paper for over an hour. So I just did some in-the-ditch and diagonal lines and I'm really pleased with how it turned out:
 

As you can see I still need to stitch down the binding on both.

I got another leaf made:

Kind of a wonky oak leaf. I Iike the first leaf better (and it was easier to make). I'd like to make the third leaf different but I'm not sure of what shape to make. I think a maple leaf would be really hard to make...what other leaf shapes are there?

I finished a book - actual reading on my Kindle, not an audio book, and started another. I've been doing a lot more reading lately. 

Okay if I tell you a secret will you promise not to tell? I even did some m-e-n-d-i-n-g. Shhhhh.



4 comments:

Rose said...

Oh, my, now I want to make that leaf shape!!!!!! I so love it. There is Gingko leaves, which would not be hard. They turn this beautiful gold in the fall. And there are Sweet Gum leaves, but they would be hard...they are kind of star shaped.

Love your finishes, too.

Loris said...

Your Temecula Tree looks really nice! I liked mine till I quilted it and I've been trying to figure out what to do since I finished it. Today I'm taking out the stitches. It's big hand stitch so shouldn't take long.
I love your Kim Diehl pinwheels :-) She is an inspiration!

Needled Mom said...

Your tree looks so cute. It'll be ready to display this year. I also really like the pinwheel quilt.

I was going to suggest a gingko leaf too. How about an aspen leaf?

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

All great projects, esp the Plain Folk. You have gotten lots of things done and even some actual reading. (I can't seem to fit that in and I miss it! Have only been doing some audio books.). Mending!?! Eek! LOL