Monday, September 28, 2020

Getting Odds and Ends Done

   
In the last week I don't feel like I've done much sewing but I have gotten a few things done. 
 
Nothing new has been allowed into the sewing room. Kinda. I did get a few things done that allowed items to be moved out of the sewing room.
 
Added the border to the Burgoyne Surround quilt. I like it so much better with this little border.
 

 I did a little retail therapy. Backs for two quilts, some just becauses, and fabrics for a new quilt.

The circle fabric is the backing my Threadology quilt. I've already made it and the back and the quilt have moved out of the sewing room.

The burgundy plaid is the back for the Xmas Burgoyne Surround quilt above. I'll get that back made tomorrow and it will also be moved out of the sewing room into the to-be-quilted queue.

The new quilt fabric has been move out and into a project box. The just becauses have been move out to my fabric bins.

I pinned two small quilts that I will quilt on my Bernina because I want to do some custom quilting on them that I can't do on the frame.

I marked and pinned this wall hanging. Hmmm, looking at it I think I should have pinned it more. This will be interesting to quilt as I've never quilted anything using a fancy template before in an area that will definitely show the quilting. The other quilt I pinned is the little tumbler quilt I made a few years ago. I want to do some simple straight line quilting on it with my walking foot.

I picked up a really nice snow flake fabric at JoAnn's (gasp! I know!) and got the red and green table topper cut out. I plan on using it as a leader-ender but I have a feeling I'll end up jumping the gun and just making it. The pattern is simple and the squares are large - it won't even take an afternoon to make the top.

I also got all the clues for Logey Bear cut out.

The first clue for Lucy's Love Notes came out Saturday but my printer decide to take a holiday and only print blank pages. I'll get the first clue for both quilts made after I buy a new printer.

I also got another row done on my blackwork project.

I am about 10 weeks behind on that project and need to give it some serious attention. I keep saying I need to spend just an hour a day on handwork but I never seem to find that hour.



3 comments:

Rose said...

I so love that Burgoyne S. quilt...it has always been a favorite. You get so much done~! I wish it would rub off on me. Love your handwork.

Needled Mom said...

Your handwork is so pretty. It is relaxing to sit and work on a project, but slow too.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

I do love anything with a chain! The Burgoyne is great. Do you know where the name came from? The only Burgoyne I know of is an officer in the British army during the Revolutionary War--which makes me think it's originally a British quilt?