Monday, June 21, 2021

Quilt One

 

While at Donna's she quilted two of my quilts on her Gammill...I helped ;o)

I also had three quilts at my local long arm quilter that were finished while I was gone.  I have lots of binding to sew on. All but one of the quilts have been trimmed and are ready for binding. The first one finished is the General Jack quilt top I made last year.

We used a double layer of wool batting on this quilt so it is extra puffy. We quilted it with lots of feather designs using a gold thread that I thought was perfect for the quilt.



I had hoped the center star would show up a bit better with the dense quilting. 

The binding is the same fabric as the back...cause I thought it didn't have binding already made...I should know me better, with a few exceptions, I ALWAYS make the binding when I finish a quilt top. I didn't remember making it so I didn't even look. I found it when I when looking for the other quilt's bindings in the drawer I store all my binding in.

I'll show you the rest of the quilts as I finish up their bindings. Which may take a while cause it is supposed to be in the high 90's all this week and over a 100 all next week.Yikes! Little warm to be hand sewing binding on large warm quilts.

The one quilt that I didn't trim looked like this on the back.

I let the long arm quilter know she had tension problems and sent her pictures. She has offered to refund the quilting fee and re-do the quilt. It is a small quilt and it looks like, out the four passes across the quilt, only two have tension issues so hopefully it won't be too bad to take out the stitches and redo.




1 comment:

Rose said...

I would love to see that top quilt in person...and love the quilting in the last shot.