Monday, June 28, 2021

Quilt Two, Three and Four

 

Lots of quilting and binding this past week.

First up...Exploding heart is finished. This is my current favorite, even with purple flannel on the back.

I used left over scraps for the binding.

I quilted and machine bound the flannel Yellow Brick Road quilt. 

I donated it last Friday. I hope the bright green doesn't keep the person who receives it awake. ;o)

I didn't have enough fabric left over for binding so had to go shopping. I swear in the store the purples matched. Oh well, it took forever to hand stitch this down so I'm not changing it.

This quilt is also my June UFO Challenge quilt...although it really wasn't that old and all I needed to do was sew the binding on.

For the last three days you would have thought I lived in Arizona...

Yesterday's temp at 3:32 p.m.  This is crazy. It was 108 on Saturday and 103 today. Roseville was cooler than here! I do not want to see my electric bill this month, luckily it is auto paid.

My friend Angela is crazy lucky when it comes to garage and estate sales. She was checking the free furniture list on Nextdoor Sunday and found a dresser she liked. The official estate sale was over and the people had everything left over in a dumpster (not a lot of donation places open in the SF Bay Area yet). She found a dresser, and other furniture, plus...she texted me that she found a small Singer sewing machine in a box.

Be still my heart...I asked her to open it up and send me pictures...

It is in excellent shape and runs great. Has lots of attachments.

 Per the serial number it was made in 1937. I repeat...in a dumpster, for free!!!!

7 comments:

AnnieO said...

Your finishes look terrific! I think the purple binding looks fine. I’m so sorry this awful heat wave is continuing—especially for so many record breaking days. A free featherweight from a dumpster is an amazing find. Wow

Loris said...

That last quilt is really lovely! Great accomplishment getting all three of these completed.
I have been completely out of commission the past three months. I found my sister sick on Easter and took round the clock care of her till she passed on June 5th. It has been truly heartbreaking for me. I'm working through lists of things to do to deal with her estate, cats and belongings. Because of the neurological impact of her disease, her affairs were a mess. Fortunately, bit by bit we are figuring it out well enough.

Rose said...

Oh, my goodness! You lucky girl! I love your quilts though I know I dont fully appreciate as I am on phone. We have been without our internet and home phone since late Thursdsy. They are supposed to fix tomorrow. Keeping fingers crossed...I will be back when I have it.

Rose said...

I like that binding!

Rose said...

And Bella enhances the whole thing!

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Wow, that is an amazing find!
I think the binding matches just fine, and I love exploding heart!

Needled Mom said...

What an amazing find!!! It looks beautiful too. Your heart quilt is gorgeous. I would love that green backing. It surely was hot there. We were in Grants Pass over the weekend. Definitely hot!