Monday, July 12, 2021

Artist Trading Cards

 

I keep thinking today is Sunday...

Last week was a busy week. Tuesday I took a road trip to a not very close quilt shop that is going out of business (well, moving to Idaho). I was good and bad. The good, backs for four quilts - the three quilts I finished last week got the same back...9 yards of the gray dots.

The stripe is from my stash and will be the binding on all the quilts.

And four yards of this blue for the Christmas Paisley quilt (the colors are way off in this picture but it is a perfect match).

I also bought a quilt kit for the fabric (pattern is too cutesy for me but I love the fabric), some shirting fat quarters, and four yards of a tweedy looking black that I just love. I don't feel bad about the purchases as everything was 50% off.

Nancy drove up Friday for a quick visit. She is getting read to move to South Carolina and wanted to visit while it was a six hour drive versus a 6 hour flight. Friday we gabbed and gabbed, Saturday we drove up to Crater Lake - so sad, there are three larges fires in the area, you couldn't see the other side of the lake due to the smoke, Sunday was a sew day and she left early this morning. It was so great to see her. I'm looking forward to visiting her in South Carolina and seeing her new house next year.

My quilt guild has a new challenge and I joined in. Have you ever make Artist Trading Cards (ATCs)? I haven't. The challenge was issued last month and we are trading the cards at our August 2nd meeting. While Nancy was working on a baby quilt for a grand-niece I made a proto-type.

Not overly "artistic" but it will have to do. I spent today making 17 more. I have the buttons to sew on and a signature card to attach then I'll be done. I'm pretty proud of myself that I didn't procrastinate and fret on the design until the last minute.

I had another new visitor...

Mama kept a close eye on Bella while the little one played all over the yard. Too cute!




2 comments:

Rose said...

What cute visitors, the little one especially. I love the dot fabric and will love that stripe for the binding. And I love the other backing fabric, too.

Your ATC is so cute! I have never did one. But used to see them on Quilting Arts.

Needled Mom said...

I love your ATC card. It’s a great idea for the group. Looks like you got some nice sales there.