Monday, July 5, 2021

Quilt Five - The Last One

 

The last for the moment anyways. According to my spreadsheet I still have 11 items that need to be quilted and I'm about to add three more.

This is my version of the Fat Quarter Shop's Threadology quilt. For the most part I really like how this one turned. This is another quilt that had tension issues. I had already trimmed the quilt when the long arm quilter offered to fix the quilts. This one isn't as bad so I'm letting it be. I love the backing fabric I found for it.

I knew it!

I knew I already had a background fabric for the ornament wall hanging! I found a baggie that had what I thought were scraps. When I looked closer I found the green fabric I thought I'd used in another quilt AND all the strips were already cut for the ornament wall hanging. I don't think this will get done this year. I'll probably add it to my 2022 UFO Challenge list.

I was actually looking for a specific project, got fed up searching all the tote boxes and decided to number and inventory everything in my tote boxes....yup, two days later everything is listed in a spreadsheet: kit description, pattern if any, and a detailed list of all the fabrics with yardage. I will not embarrass myself by telling you how many totes/kits/yards of fabric I have. Lets just say I need to make sure I never buy fabric again and have to live for another 20 years minimum to hopefully finish them all.

Speaking of UFO Challenge, July's project is to do something with my Aunt Addy blocks. This was a Kathleen Tracy mystery but I wasn't crazy about the final layout. I know what I want to do but don't have a background fabric I like...so much for the never shopping again thought.

This past week I made my second set of blocks for the Daphne quilt by Shabby Fabrics. I think I was suppose to make these last month...oh well.

While visiting Donna last month, she decided to clean out her closets and gifted me a number of kits that she was no longer interested in. She also gifted me 70 already made blocks. I'm going to turn them into donation quilts.

First top is finished. This is a smaller version of how the blocks were supposed to laid out.

I'm also going to make two smaller quilts using this lay out and adding a border. One is almost done.

Isn't she the cutest! This little stinker showed up at my back door yesterday. She really really wanted in the house. Bella was on this side of the screen door. The kitten would hiss at Bella then beg to come in...hiss at Bella some more then bang on the door to come in...too funny.



2 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I love the Threadology quilt! Don’t you love it when you find unexpected goodies like that? Did the kitty eventually give up?

Rose said...

I am sorry to be so late...I looked at this on my phone probably Tuesday...and I wanted to wait till on computer to comment. I do like your Threadology quilt. I also love that set of blocks the ornament.

And I like how you can play and play with the other blocks and get different layouts that all look good.

The kitty is adorable....