Monday, August 21, 2023

Nothing Very Interesting

 

It was kind of a quiet week. I had a couple of books due so I spent a bit of time reading. 

I added the binding to the guild community service quilt and turned it back in today. I also quilted the butterfly quilt.


I quilted lazy Daisys in the outer border, leaves in the sashing, and meandering in the butterfly squares. I've already turned it in to the Quilts for Kids group.

I picked up a couple of things at today's guild meeting.


Some of the members are teaching a Sue Spargo like wool class. Above is the pattern and some of the wool I picked out.


One of the guild members has lost most of her eyesight and is no longer able to sew. She donated everything to the guild including all of her UFOs. The guild is asking members to complete some of the projects and donate them back for our quilt show silent auction and boutique. I picked up this Amish inspired panel. I'll probably change the backing so I can quilt it on the Moxie.


The community service coordinator has a new quilt challenge and the above is the kit I chose. Should be fast and easy as everything is already cut out.

I have a couple of things that need binding before I can show them off. I also need to get back to piecing the A-mazing blocks. Then I want to focus on Aunt Daisy. Can you tell how excited (not) I am. 

I'll close with an excellent picture of Bella pretending to be a window...again not.


Hmmm, somebody may need to go on a diet.
 


1 comment:

Rose said...

I love the butterflies...are they embroidered? That is the first time I have seen an Amish panel, at least I dont remember seeing any more. I have always meant to try something with wool but never have...