Monday, August 28, 2023

Finishes and Fires

 This is getting old...


That is not fog, it's smoke. You should be able to see the valley floor and three levels of mountains. The smoke is from two local (about 30 miles) lighting fires, one large older fire (mostly contained) near the Oregon coast, and one large California fire (Smith River) that is about 200 miles away. It has been like this for over two weeks. One of the main highways to the coast and California has been closed for over a week.


I'm not mad...I'm sad. Luckily the temperatures are supposed to drop significantly over the next week with a possibility of rain on Friday. Keep your fingers crossed.

The bad air quality has been keeping me inside. Not that I spend a lot of time outside, yardwork is up there with housework. ;o)

The finishes? Lots of binding.




Hmmm, I cropped the pictures and they saved kinda long and narrow looking. Weird. Anyway, I finally sewed the binding on them. My mom has already claimed all three.


I cut up my practice pantograph quilt into 13 x 16 placemats and machine sewed, front and back, the binding.

I loaded, quilted and added the binding to the 12 patch quilt.


The back really shows the quilting. I thought I had a good quilting path going however when I went to take the quilt off the frame I found five (!!!) sections that weren't quilted. How?? I can see missing one but five! Luckily the quilt was still partially attached, and it didn't take long to fix everything.


Hmmm, another distorted picture. I have a bin with pieces and parts of leftover binding. I used them to make a scrappy binding. This will be donated at the next Quilts for Kids meeting.

It's that time of year again.


This will make my 8th year of participating. The first clue will be released September 23. Can't wait!

I'm feeling a little bad that last year's mystery quilt Bon Appetit with Ash is not finished yet...the top is done but it isn't quilted. But guess which quilt the random number generator picked to be quilted next! I'd show you a picture of the quilt loaded on the frame but somehow I've never made a back for it. Luckily, I picked up a great back, by accident, the last time I was at the Quilts for Kids meeting. Cross your fingers it will be finished by this time next week.



1 comment:

Rose said...

You have accomplished so much! I love the quilting on the back...the one you missed 5 sections on. I am glad I am not the only one that does things like that. I am not doing anything...daughter had to go for training, and I am not getting much sleep at all. The younger dog is keeping me busy.

Even if not that, I would have an excuse. LOL