Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Project Quilting 15.5 Wearable

 Hmmm, I think my garment making days are over.

PQ 15.5 is Wearables: your project must be wearable, or have been made from previously worn items, or have another connection to clothes, shoes and fashion accessories.

I bought a Liberty of London fabric at a garage sale years ago. It was about 2 yards long and 36 inches wide. It has a funny feel to it - I think it is a very old rayon. I washed it after I bought it. I've been wanting to make a top out of it ever since. I used to make garments...tops, skirts, doll clothes and Halloween costumes...but it's been a while.

I bought this pattern.


Cute top, looked like it would be easy to make. And it was.

It's huge! About three sizes too big, and I don't think the fabric drapes enough for the style of the pattern. 

I'm sure it will look good on someone but not me. Oh well, I did meet the challenge requirements.



 

5 comments:

Danette said...

It looks great! It gave me a chuckle because that's why I don't sew clothes. I spend time on something and it doesn't fit.

Rose said...

It looks like you did a great job. I have not made a garment in so long...since Lorelei was around 4--give or take a year or so. It was for her. I am so out of shape, that it would be really a chore to adjust a pattern to fit me. Then there would probably be something wrong with it.

Danice G said...

Your blouse does look good. I rarely sew clothing anymore, either.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Sizing! The very reason I tend to stay away from making clothing items. Congrats on finding a reason to use that Liberty fabric! The big question is will you try again with a different fabric and a smaller size?

PersimonDreams said...

it's adorable! great work!