Monday, October 7, 2024

Visitors

 Angela and her husband Randy drove up for a really quick trip. Palo Alto to Grants Pass in one day, then back to Palo Alto the next day. A lot of driving in two days.

Recently one of the ladies in Angela's guild (a modern guild) gave her a LOT of fabric, kits, and patterns. Angela kept some of the fabric and kits but a lot of it wasn't her style. She was going to donate everything to a local thrift shop. Well guess who opened her big mouth. Yup. Me.


Yardage.


Over a dozen BOM applique kits.


Fat quarters and more kits. This isn't all of it. There was also a bag of Halloween fabric, a bag of Christmas fabrics, and other odd bits and pieces that I forgot to include in the pictures.

A lot, most, of the fabric and kits were from 1998 - 2002. I don't applique but I know a lot of my guild members do so I took about a third of the kits and some of the fabric to my guild meeting today. Most of it was gone before you could say Free (although they do have a jar for donations to the guild).

I'll take the rest to the next guild meeting in two weeks. I'm giving the next batch, the good stuff, to the chairperson of our quilt show boutique. The proceeds from it go to two local non-profits.

And yes, I did keep a little bit (a LOT) for myself.

I think Angela's and Randy's trip was so quick because they were afraid I'd give it all back. hehehe


1 comment:

Rose said...

Wow, what a haul! i see some beautiful fabric. It would be a blast just to go through it.