Monday, July 20, 2026

Odd Assortment

 JoAnne from Q4K is trying to get her quilt mo-jo back. We've gotten together twice to sew. Sew Fun! I haven't had someone to sew with in a long time.

She is making Blockstep by Robin Pickens. 


I decided to make it also with the batiks below. 


I'll probably save this for when JoAnne and I get together to sew. My primary focus is still on Wensleydale. 

I finished my dragon and I'm in love.


He's going to have to wait his turn to be quilted, but hopefully it will be soon.

I think I have a problem...I'm a fabric glutton. Both my guild and Q4K have free tables every month. I rarely come home empty handed. This was my haul from last week's Q4K meeting.


No pattern, partially pieced, with two charm packs. I figured out the pattern was a Missouri Star pattern called Super Easy Hourglass.


Some of the seams were over an inch and some were barely two threads. I took everything apart. I'm remaking the blocks as a short term leader ender project. 

I also picked this up along with some solid red fabric.


I know what I want to make, I just don't know when I'll get around to making it.

This is what I picked up at June's meeting.


I think I need an intervention.

I finally, finally finished quilting the purple quilt today. It was on the frame for over month.


I liked how it was going until I did the meander background filler of the panel. I should have done something else, although don't ask me what.

I loaded a donation quilt this evening and made good progress on it.


With any luck it won't sit there for a month.


No comments: