Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Progress

 Not a lot but I'm taking it ... see numbers below.

Off the long arm in the last couple of weeks were three donation quilts. Two tops from my guild and one from Q4K.


Simple meandering.


A boxy pantograph.


Lots of ruler work and in the ditch.

I also had a new one to add.


I have a little wire mini-quilt stand. I have lots of fall and holiday mini's to hang but not much for spring and summer. This block is made up of some pieces and parts leftover from one of Stephanie's quilts.

So what are July stats?
    Started with: 32
    Added: 2 (dragon and the above mini)
    Quilted: 4 (3 donation quilts and the purple panel)
    Ending with: 30

August is going to be a busy month. I'm not sure how much progress will occur, but some will, I have another top ready to load - hopefully tomorrow.

I did a major clean-up and partial purge in my sewing room. 


How many different types of pins does one person need?  I also went through one bin, and most of a bag of scraps and cut them down to my favorite scrap sizes. That felt pretty good.

What didn't feel good was going into the Goodwill today and seeing these:


This was such a pretty quilt.


It had a price tag of $19.99


This was an old quilt. No batting, flannel scraps on the back, surged edges. 


What would you do if you found one of your quilts in a thrift store?


1 comment:

Rose said...

Infeelnlikecyounget so much done...I hope to look at these on computer later. I am not sure how i woukd feel to find a quilt i had donated.