One of my Aunt Daisy quilts is finished - almost, you can see the binding in the picture. But I didn't quilt it.
Love how both turned out.
I did try to finish a quilt.
Stopped when the thread kept breaking and I noticed a bunch of skipped stitches.
I had the opportunity to get away for a week and visit friends. My grand-niece stayed with my mom and I did a LOT of driving. First to Idaho to see Donna for a few days. Then I broke up the trip to California with an overnight stay with an old friend who lives in Reno, Nevada. I went on to Palo Alto to spend a few days visiting Angela, then a quick overnight visit in Hayward with Stephanie before heading for home.
Visiting Donna and Angela is dangerous. I never come home empty handed. Donna cleared out her UFOs and I ended up with seven more projects. All cut out and a few partially made. Plus at least three kits and two fabric bundles that she decided she didn't like. Oh, and she decided she didn't like quilting with So Fine thread, I got a huge box of thread also.
Angela had two projects that she had picked up from her guild free table and a ton of fabric.
Here is some of the haul
Bella spent the last two nights at the emergency vet hospital after possibly eating a bit of lily from a flower arrangement my mom received. She is fine, however she is not a very nice kitty, so along with fluids she was given some really good drugs to calm her down. She came home this afternoon and has been sleeping all day.

No comments:
Post a Comment