Monday, March 9, 2020

Odds and Ends


Okay folks, remember to press to the dark side.

I spilled on a table runner I made a few years ago so I washed it...some of it came out with the second washing. There were two blocks, but only one ran.  Kinda worried as I have that fabric in a lot of quilts.


This one was weird...the background fabric turned green (???). It was a cream. Everywhere it was used turned green.

This is my addiction (notice bag is empty), I love these jelly beans and I'm so happy they are only around during Easter or all my teeth would probably fall out from the sugar.


I wanted something sweet a few days ago - and the pantry was empty. Instead of finding / fixing something healthy I made candied almonds.


 OMG these were good! Sugar, water, cinnamon and almonds. These could be a problem as I always have those ingredients around the house. (This is all that is left - the tub was originally full - oink oink) You can find the recipe here with a video but I warn you they are really addicting.

I picked up another donation quilt from my guild. This time I checked the back and the pinning. Back wasn't too bad but the pinning was an issue again. Batting size was a little iffy also.


I'm sorry, but this is a quilt only a mama could love and I'm not it's mama. Squaring this up after it is quilted is going to be a challenge. I'm going to do a simple meander. It didn't come with binding fabric...what do you think? dark green? yellow? red?

I do have a finish I want to share, but it's a surprise, so I have to wait another week to show you.
 

5 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

My daughter is a jelly bean freak. We always go to Walmart the day after Easter and get bags to put in the freezer. I keep them out year round in a candy jar for when she visits.

Looking forward to the finish you will share soon.
xx, Carol

Loris said...

Wow! That fabric turned green is a troublesome one. It makes me wish I hadn't given up prewashing except it's too tricky with all the precuts we use now. I have taken to washing the quilts at least the first time using a color catcher in the machine which seems to be working so far.
I've succumbed to only one little package of Peeps and two Cadbury eggs so far this year. An improvement on my past behavior. And I was rewarded this morning when I saw I finally lost the 4 lbs I put on over Christmas. LOL Small feats!
I'm not showing the DH that almond recipe. It's troublesome when the ingredients are so readily available. I bet they are good!

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Have you tried the Shout color guards? Those are the best for catching dye! But note: I just washed a large (queen) quilt with a big dark green border--I didn't think it'd bleed but at the last minute I threw in a color guard, ignoring the little voice that told me to throw two more in. I should have. The color guard came out as dark as the fabric--have never seen that! Just a few specific ivory fabrics/patches on the quilt picked it up so it's not too big of a deal, and the quilt is mine so no harm done. As for the binding, I think I'd use a subtle matching green and try to just let the inner part "do it's thing". Easter candy? The filled eggs aren't really my thing but I LOVE LOVE the little Cadbury coated chocolate eggs that come in bags like M&Ms. Those get fought over in this family!

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

I should add that I've been doing a very strict detox--no salt, no sugar among lots of other things, so no getting into the candy around here!

Rose said...

I was wondering if you used the Color Catchers, too. I hate that happened...it would make me cringe a bit, too. Unless you have not used color catchers. I would sure give them a try. I always use two or three. I have heard you can reuse them, but I never have.

I am resisting looking at that recipe and video. I do have the eggs in there that are basically malted milk ball eggs. And have Cadbury eggs for Lorelei.