Monday, March 2, 2020

Oops, Almost Forgot


I almost forgot what day it was, even turned off the computer. But I'm doing such a good job of posting every Monday I don't want to break my posting streak.

The civil war sampler top is finished...the pattern called for two narrow borders but I didn't like it and couldn't find any fabrics in my stash that I thought would work as borders. But I did want it bigger, so I made four more block and four long rails. I like the results.


And yes, it is pinned and ready to quilt.  I want to quilt Baptist Fans on the quilt so I ordered Barb's quilting template. I probably should have waited until I received the template and marked the top before pinning the quilt. Oh well.

I finished this little project this morning. I think I started it two years ago. Wouldn't think something so little would take so long huh?
 

Have to show a few funny Bella pictures... I shoved the dinning room table to the side and stacked the chairs so I would have room to pin the quilt. Only Bella would walk the chair rungs.


Doesn't she look like she is really studying the quilt picture?  She isn't.


She is intently watching the pushpin holding the calendar up.  What you can't see is how wet the back of her head is.  She goes for the pushpin, I squirt her with the water bottle. She sits back and starts watching the pin again. She normally gets squirted four or five times before she will jump down. This happens at least twice a day.
 

4 comments:

Loris said...

Great almost finish on your sampler quilt! I have almost purchased those Baptist Fan templates a few times...and now I'm trying to save money. (LOL) But they look very useful. I think BP's are one of my favorite quilting designs.
Bella is so funny. Scrunched up twisty ties are Marianne's favorite. Not sure what pull a push pin has but to each her own. HA!

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Ha funny quilt-kitty. Love those little mittens; I hope to make a civil war quilt some day. I love the fabrics!

Ruth said...

Cats are so funny! I mark the fan lines with a hera marker that make a dent in the fabric. Have you tried it? The only problem is that sometimes it is hard to see, but I do like it. The trouble is, I can't find it right now, but I'm hoping it will turn up by the time I want to use it again.

Rose said...

I LOVE how you made the quilt bigger. I can tell you right now I would not have liked two small borders. I would have liked a single slab of border better than two small ones. But that does not compare to how you finished it. This way is perfect.

Oh, my, Bella! She is determined to get that pushpin! I saw that of her walking on the chair rungs and couldn't believe it, but knew it was so.