Monday, April 26, 2021

Quiet Week

 

This past week was on the quiet side. The only piecing on the sewing table is my leader ender project and I am truly using it as a leader ender project. Seems kinda strange not working on a new project but I'm really trying to finish up things, even if they are little, and check them off the list. 

Little is the key word.

The disappearing 4 patch is 8 x 10 inches. The seams and points are so wonky all I did was quilt it in the ditch around the blocks and add single fold binding. I hand sewed the binding the next day.

For just sewing add scraps together I like how this little table topper turned out. Quilted it using my walking foot and added the double fold binding one night then sewed the binding down the next day. It is roughly 9 x 13 inches.

I am really pushing my April UFO Challenge finish. I finished loading the Christmas table cloth on the frame today.

At 64 x 77 inches it is one of the largest quilts I have quilted on my frame lately. It will really push the limits of the Juki and me. I'm going to meander quilt it as when I get toward the bottom of the quilt I'll have about 3-4 inches of quilt in the last pass. Anything larger than a meander is pushing both our limits.

So. Should I continue quilting my 20 odd quilts that need finishing or start something new?
 

1 comment:

Rose said...

I cannot imagine making something as small as the disappearing 4 patch...I like that table topper. I can't wait to see the Christmas quilt quilted.

As for whether to start something new...I am leaving that with you cause today I would think one thing and tomorrow another.