Monday, April 5, 2021

Exploding Flowers

 

I finally finished my Exploding Heart quilt top. I love how it turned out!

I tried to hang the quilt for it's photo op but I can get better pictures on the design floor.



 It is an easy quilt just very time consuming to make. I would consider making it again which I rarely do. My favorite part is that I used really really really old floral fabrics from my stash. 

I'm going to swap out my April UFO Challenge with another on my list.

I'm supposed to quilt the green swirl quilt I made eons ago (August 2015). I decided I want a different, more gender neutral backing fabric since I plan on donating this quilt. But I don't have anything suitable in my stash - dang, have to go shopping. The quilt is on the long side and would be perfect for a teenage boy. I had previously made a backing with a rose floral flannel (not prefect for a very teenage boy). So I'm going to quilt the Christmas table cloth instead. I have the backing made and the batting all cut out so I should be able to finish it quickly.

I'll give an update on my cross stitch/blackwork projects next week.

And because she is so cute (I'm not biased)...


 Bella pretending to be a lap kitty.



4 comments:

Rose said...

Bella is so cute...and the Exploding Heart is beautiful. I had to go back to see the green swirly quilt...I can't believe I didn't remember it. It is a stunning quilt top.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

A beautiful finish!!

Needled Mom said...

Your Exploding heart is really gorgeous!

Loris said...

Such a great way to use those florals! It looks wonderful :-)