Monday, May 17, 2021

Another Visitor

 

I didn't do a lot of sewing last week and may not have a lot of time this week. I did get a donation quilt top loaded, quilted and binding added. I used a gray thread on the top and did my usual meandering.


 I didn't make this quilt top. This is the third jelly roll race quilt I've come in contact with. I do not like this pattern. Every one I've seen is wonky. This one was a challenge because I think the person cut the strips themselves and did not cut them accurately. There is a little bit of bunching, and squaring it up afterward...well, I hope no one measures each side cause all four will have a different measurement.

This quilt makes me want to send Barb, my long arm quilter in California, a huge I'm Sorry card for all the wonky quilts I sent her and an even bigger Thank You card for the miracles she preformed on some of my wonky quilts. I could never do this as a profession.

I did a little bit of yard work this past week.

My peonies were in full bloom this week. The flowers are huge. I love the color. I have three plants in the backyard but both last year and this year only one plant has bloomed. Is there a secret to growing them?

This was my visitor.

Not the best picture - I shot it through the screen door. She stayed there for a couple of hours. When it got too hot she moved to the other side of the yard to lay under the dogwood tree. I shooed her off when she started nibbling on the tree. Bella slept through it all.


3 comments:

Rose said...

What a sweet visitor you have! I love that quilt...I only have one peony so I am no help. In fact that one looks very much like the one I have.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Wow, I have no idea on the peonies? I LOVE them so I have three and they do bloom at slightly different times due to where they are located. One gets full sun all afternoon and eve and is in a very protected spot (from cool north winds) so it's always first--getting huge white blooms right now and they smell amazing!

Needled Mom said...

I wish I could grow peonies here. That flower is gorgeous and I’ll bet it smells heavenly. I take it deer do not eat them???