Monday, May 24, 2021

Darn

 

May is almost over. I've looked at a number of quilt / fabric stores to find a background fabric for my May UFO Challenge project. I had kinda sorta hoped I wouldn't find anything. Unfortunately I did.

 

Although looking at this picture and taking a closer look at the fabric, what I thought was black sure looks like dark navy blue. I'm pretty sure it is black but now I'm having second thoughts about how well it "goes" with the ornaments. Plan B was to make diamond shaped table toppers or candle mats with the ornaments and forget about making a wall hanging. Regardless, my May UFO Challenge is a bit of a bust as nothing has happened so far. I still have a week left but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

This past week I took a bit of road trip in order to take a class at a not-very-local quilt shop. I haven't taken a class in ages. I probably could have made this on my own but I really needed to get out of the house and I had hoped to meet other quilters in the process. 

The project was fun to make, but I was the only participant. The instructor was one of the store owners, she and her staff were really nice. I did enjoy having a day out and will probably take the drive for other classes.

I finished putting together the flannel Yellow Brick Road quilt.

To me the colors scream 1970's. I swear my cousin and I papered her bedroom with a wall paper with the same colors. I took this picture before I bought the backing fabric...OMG, I found a great green that matches perfectly. This baby is gonna be BRIGHT!

I think everyone has heard of Napa Valley Quilt wines but have you seen this...

I couldn't stop laughing when I first saw this. You can find the ale at Costco. Enjoy.



3 comments:

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Yellow Brick Road looks great, and the kitty is a nice contrast for the pic! Ha on the ale--never been a beer drinker but hubs might like to try it. Hope you're able to get out for other classes. I have been watching for ANYthing to take just to get to hang with other quilters but honestly, the classes are just so simple and, generally things I'm not interested in [not very pretty]. Can't figure that one out. If I wasn't so darned shy/nervous, I think I'd offer to teach something myself because I know others must feel the same around here.

Needled Mom said...

Those colors are making their way back again. We should have saved all those green, yellow and Orange things. Usually they cancel classes here if they don’t get a minimum of students. It looks like a nice project. That ale is too funny.

Rose said...

I love the Yellow brick road...and on computer it does not look at all Christmasy. I don't know why some things on the phone are right on the money...both looking at other's photos, and sometimes in taking pics with it.

The fabric looks black to me.

That is a cute little project!