Monday, May 31, 2021

Boring

 

I almost didn't write a post today but, at this time anyways, it is a habit I can't seem to break. So you get a picture of binding and a partially stitched blackwork project.

The binding is for the Yellow Brick Road quilt I showed last week. Remember I said the back was a bright green? I made the back for the quilt and had enough fabric left over to make the binding from the same fabric.

The blackwork is an experiment. If this works out I'll be making a bunch of these vases with flowers.

I also pieced a back for the green HST quilt I made a few years ago. Making it was bit of a squirrel moment (it already had a back that I didn't like) but in a good way. I used up 20 green foliage fat quarters that have been sitting in my stash forever. 

For the short term I'm demoting the ornament quilt back to its UFO status. So May was a bust on the UFO Challenge.

June is a bit of a freebee. My #5 UFO is Sunny Lanes...the top is finished and is out getting long arm quilted locally.

See. I told you. Boring!


1 comment:

Rose said...

No, not boring. Just life. At least you started something and also made a couple decisions...even if one was to put a project back in the UFO pile.