Monday, August 16, 2021

Boring Week

 

I have done very little sewing this week. I cut out, fused, and added the borders to my August UFO. The cutting and fusing (with a few swear words thrown in) took longer than sewing the borders.


I even got it pinned. Then I went on to pin a few other small projects...which lead me to the batting mess in the sewing room closet.

Time for a new spreadsheet (hehehe). This one has the type of batting, size, and if it is frankenbatted. While I was sorting and making my list I also made lots of frankenbat, or I did until I ran out of the fusible tape I like to use.

I also cut the smaller pieces into Swiffer pads, and the even small pieces into smaller pieces to stuff in pillows.

So here is my nice neat closet...

I can't remember if I mentioned it or not, but I recently bought two large rolls of batting at Joann's (50% off with an additional 25% coupon). One of the rolls is shown here...but look in the back bottom right...that is another roll of batting that I totally forgot I had until I cleaned out the closet.  Three tubs and three rolls, I think I'm set for batting for a very long time.

I made a pillow case from a pillow case.

Nothing fancy, I just folded the pillow case in half and sewed two edges. I think one of my great aunts embroidered and crocheted the pillow case a very long time ago.

I also wound floss. Lots of floss.


I still have lots more to do.

Hopefully I'll feel like doing some real sewing this week and next week's post will be a bit more interesting.




2 comments:

Rose said...

I just have to say I have not had a very productive week either.

Is that the warm and natural batting on the roll? Have you tried the warm and plush? I have not been to.Joannes in ever...need to.think about getting a roll sometime.

AnnieO said...

That’s quite a lot you got done! I wish I had a place to keep a roll or two of batting! Cutting leftovers into pillow stuffing is a great idea.
Winding floss is kinda fun,I think, for awhile, and then it’s not , lol