Monday, August 9, 2021

Plan Z

I was very indecisive with the Aunt Addy blocks. After I got the center put together I started looking at the borders again. The background fabric had a little touch of blue that I really wanted to bring out. I was determined to use stash since I'd already gone shopping and decided to not use what I purchased. Soooo....

I found a blue fabric that I thought was perfect for a pop border and I've had this stripe fabric for ages. I probably should have mitered the final border but I didn't feel like thinking that hard. ;o)

  

The finished quilt.  Not very big, about 35 x 50. I don't have a back for it yet. I'd kinda like to quilt feathers in the background. But quilting will have to wait as it will have to go to the back of line and the line is long.

I finished another block on the Daphne BOM. 

These blocks are made from a lot of little pieces but they are fun to make. It is tempting to cut everything and finish the quilt top...but again there is a long line of quilt tops that need to be finished and it will have to wait its turn.

I ended up squaring the guild community service blocks so they could be made into the rail fence blocks. Since I knew all the kit blocks were going to have the same issue I grabbed them all at the last meeting.

I finished all the blocks and put the top together yesterday. Interesting assortment of fabrics - the bug fabrics are ... hmmm ...different.

All of this was to avoid making a decision on whether to work on my August UFO or my 2020 Project Linus UFO. Wonder what else I can work on to procrastinate in making a decision?

I had a mama with twins visit last week. They were so cute! Wish they would eat more of the weeds.


4 comments:

Rose said...

I don't know where to begin...I guess at the beginning. That pop of blue is just the perfect touch to that quilt top! I know the feeling of not wanting to think hard enough to do.a mitered corner...I seldom do them.

I agree the bug fabric is different!

Mama and the twins are sure cute.

Rose said...

Oh, I like the block you made!!!

AnnieO said...

Love love love the border fabric in the quilt top! Lots of color and fabric in your quilting room. The to be quilted list is long at my house too...

Needled Mom said...

The Aunt Abby piece looks so nice. Pretty block too. The mama must feel very comfortable bringing her little ones so close.