Monday, September 6, 2021

And She Unsews

 

So I should have kept my mouth shut because prolific was more like pathetic.  I made the back for Christina's quilt - decided the tie-dyed looking fabric was too teal then took it all apart and ordered more of the nautical flannel fabric online.

I did get two sections of my blackwork project done.

I've also been having some sleeping issues. So instead of fighting the sheets I got up and evaluated my leader-ender project. I think I've mentioned it once before but haven't really given any details. The quilt I'm making was designed by Doodlebugs and Rosebuds Quilts. It is great for using up lots of 2.5 inch squares.

I did a count of all the 4 square strips, made the last 3 needed, ironed them all then cut out the sashing strips and the squares for the nine patches. It is really tempting to make this my main project but I've been really enjoying having it a leader-ender, so it will continue as such. I think I finally went to sleep about 5:30 a.m.

Check out Doodlebugs and Rosebuds Quilts blog as she has some beautiful quilts. 

So I do have a little bit of an excuse for not being prolific ... I belong to a card group, and cards was at my house last Thursday. Then my cousin and his wife came to visit and my mom asked if I would make dinner Sunday night. So lots of cleaning and cooking was done last week. Does that sound like a good excuse?

Okay and maybe I did a little shopping in Medford one day...here is my thrift store find:

I kinda sorta think I already have the Posh Kitty pattern. But maybe not as it has curves and you know how much I hate curves. Aren't the hand dyed fabric colors wonderful! I think it may have been a kit as the deep blue is just a little bit larger than the other fabrics and the far right fabric is a print that looks like dirt with tufts of grass - maybe a flower garden wall hanging?

And I did get the borders on the community service quilt last Monday night.

I really want to make this again with a black border and brighter colors.

Bella's boyfriend has been visiting often.

I've found out that she is a he, and his name is Henri. Bella likes younger guys as he turned one years old this week (he is soooo small compared to her). This guy is a love bug! I really really really want to steal him.

Bella is still keeping a close eye on the front of the house.






 


 

2 comments:

Rose said...

Henri is a handsome kitty....no wonder Bella is interested.

You are so lucky/blessed with thrift store finds. love the fabrics you got.

Love the community service quilt...and I like your leader, ender project.

Needled Mom said...

I love Ramona’s work too. That will be a beautiful leader-ender. Those hand dyes are so pretty. Henri looks like a sweetheart.