Monday, September 27, 2021

Lots of Fun Sewing

 

I really enjoyed sewing this past week. It's been a while since I've been able to say that. I didn't work on any one thing but lots of little things and even a few finishes.

I finished up some of the mystery gifts. I'll show what they are after they have been gifted.

Do you remember Tulip paints from the 80's? Do they still make them? This was a very old Walmart kit I picked up at the guild garage sale. The witch was all pre-cut with fusible already attached. The pattern picture shows it on a sweatshirt, I made a little wall hanging.


 I'll applique around her and hand embroider faces on her and the cat. I think she turned out really cute.

The guild also issued a new challenge...something pumpkin themed - it didn't have to be a new project but what fun would that be. The block is a variation of Penny's Patchwork Pumpkin which is a free pattern from Quilt in a Day.

I tried to make one of Rose's dimensional leaves  but failed miserably. I gathered it up a bit to make it a little bit dimensional and really like how the whole thing turned out. I'm not planning on adding a border - just quilting and binding. I've got to get this finished by October 18. That is the real challenge.

I took the corner extras and made this little block.

The block will finish at 4 inches. I love love love the fussy cut little witch. I'll probably make a little mug rug with this. I'm still playing with ideas.

 I'm trying to encourage a friend to learn how to quilt. Unfortunately she's in California and I'm in Oregon. The Fat Quarter Shop has an excellent beginning quilting video series. I'm making the quilt with her. We are taking one block at a time and today was block one.


 I'm not the best teacher or maybe I should say roll model. I'm hiding my block with the next block's instruction because I cut the plaid so wonky that even though the block is square it doesn't look it. I'm not going to change it.

Next under the needle is my Daphne BOM. 
 

Ten blocks finished, six more to go.

And last but not least...the 2021 Project Linus mystery Oliver's in the Dog House. The first clue was released last Saturday.

The clue has two parts. I've picked my fabrics for both blocks (using the rest of the Lori Holt Prim bundle I bought last year) and hope to get it cut out and pieced tomorrow.

I hope the next week is as fun as this past week was.


2 comments:

Rose said...

You have been busy! I am wanting to.make some pumpkins similar to.the one you did...I seen one done with a maple leaf inside...I like the dimensional.keaf you did.

Rose said...

I dont know what happened...I thought I made a second comment telling you that I love the fabric in the first photo.

Also love your NOM block!