Monday, November 8, 2021

Slow Progress

 

It was another quiet week with a few fun events. First my new car / SUV was delivered early so I got to pick it up on Tuesday.

This thing almost drives itself! I'm having a very difficult time getting used to the keyless entry. I'm paranoid I'm going to lock the little fobby thingy (official technical name) in the vehicle. Or that the locks won't engage when I leave the vehicle. I can't test the lock by pulling on the handle like I used to because that unlocks everything. Yikes! It does drive really smooth. And with the crazy windy rainy weather we've been having I'm glad to have all wheel drive (it is currently pouring outside).

I had to drive to Roseburg to pick up the car. While I was there I went to a couple of the local quilt shops and picked up some coordinating fabrics to go with the Anna Maria Horner fabrics I recently purchased. Here is everything:

And this is the quilt I plan on making with them:

I'm really excited about making this quilt but probably won't start it until after the holiday's.  I want to finish up a few items first.

Yesterday my family celebrated my mom's birthday with dinner at my house. My niece made pumpkin pie for her "birthday cake". Yum! Her actual birthday is tomorrow. Happy Birthday Ma!

I've made slow progress on quilting the side-by-side quilt. All the in the ditch is done and the meandering in the background. I feel like I need to do "more" in the houses but I don't know what "more" would be. I'm going to add swirls in the border. Should I add anything else?

See the raggedy batting in the bottom right? The lovely Bella was at work again. That cat loves to chew on batting.

I forgot to mention my November UFO Challenge project last week. It is quilting the green swirl quilt that I traded out last April so I could quilt the Xmas table cloth. I made a scrappy back for the quilt using up a bunch of old green foliage fat quarters. I'll load it on the frame so it shouldn't take too long to get it quilted.




2 comments:

Rose said...

Love your new ride! I am glad you finally got it. I have wondered about those fob things...wondering if I could ever get used to one. And do you get only one with the vehicle? I had not thought of that till just now.

Those fabrics are to die for...love them all. I have still not watched the videos for the kaleidoscope quilt. I am not sure my mind would be up to it even if I wanted.

I would want to do something on the houses, but am afraid it would be tedious. As in lines as if they were sided. and little scallops on some of the roofs as in tiled roofs..etc. But not sure I would have will to actually do it.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

I'm pretty sure my car will not lock with the key fob inside so maybe yours is the same? I've had keyless entry on my last car and on my new one and I would not be without it! LOVE it!
My cat loves batting too. I found out the hard way--she tore into a new roll, ruining yards and yards of it. I now have to keep the rolls put away in a closet.