Monday, November 1, 2021

Quiet Week

 

Not much has happened here. Still waiting on information about my Accord. It has only been two weeks but seems much longer.

I prepped these two Project Linus, Oliver in the Dog House, mystery blocks (don't you love the poo blocks!!). They are all ready for appliqueing. 

I'm over two weeks behind...mostly due to this Project Linus Side-by-Side Covid quilt:

I just cannot get into quilting this quilt. And I'm determined to finish it before I work on anything else.

I had a good excuse yesterday for not quilting. I got to baby sit these two cuties.

Buttons (on the right) is 15 years, 100% deaf and about 80% blind. She may be old but she still has a lot of attitude. Rex (left) is 5-7 years old (can never remember) and is just the sweetest thing ever. 

My consolation fabric arrived today.

The fabrics are made by Free Spirit and designed by Anna Maria Horner. The line is called Love Always. I have doodled over the fabric line since its release. The colors in these fabrics are almost iridescent. I know what I want to make with them but need 3-4 more coordinating fabrics. Preferably solids. That may be a challenge as the colors are very unique. 

Okay...I want to finish my current mystery blocks, start the new clues, and start a new project, so I better stop procrastinating and get busy quilting the Side-by-Side quilt.





2 comments:

Needledmom said...

I love those Oliver blocks! Good for you for making yourself finish the quilting before proceeding. I hate having projects hanging over my head like that. Nice looking new fabrics!

Rose said...

OOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhh....that fabric...I looked it up and totally loved it. I think it will always make me drool, too. But I don't know what I would do with it. I have a lot Kaffe Fasset fabrics that I totally love. I get them out and pet them, then put them back up.

You sure do stay busy with projects...