Monday, April 18, 2022

Still a Bit of a Snore

 I'm making progress. On both my new laptop and making quilt backs. 

There were not basic Microsoft Office products on my new laptop so I had to purchase MS Office for Students and Home. I was having serious Excel withdrawal (my life is so sad). What is really sad is adding all the donation quilts to my WIP spreadsheet. I currently have 30 items ready for quilting! Where is my Moxie!!

Quilts with backs.

Three quilts that need backs and repairs - there were some a lot of very narrow seams.  I'm not much of a TV watcher but I've found that binge watching Antique Roadshow and The Amazing Mrs. Maisel really make ripping out seams less boring

You know how when you have too many choices you just freeze up...that has been me over the last two weeks trying to decide what to work on next. Do I want to make this? This kit is old I should make this. I really want to make this pattern but can't find the right fabric or I really want to use this fabric but can't find the right pattern. There are 10 tubs of projects how am I supposed to decide??!!

Well I did! Old book and an even older fabric bundle. The quilt showing is what I plan on making. This takes care of the guilty voice in my head.

The fun voice says to cut out this project too. 


I love the Brightly pattern. The fabric is from a Moda box kit I bought last year from a store that was going out of business - I didn't like the pattern but love the fabric.

Another local quilt shop is going out of business, so far they have discounted their fabric 20%. I have be coveting this line of Tilda fabric so I splurged. (Need to start an 11th tub.)

It has been getting lots of pets. Now to find the perfect pattern.

No progress has been made on this pile.


I think I need to find another show to binge watch. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Rose said...

FYI, I took picks of both the quilts you are thinking about making. I like both patterns. Love all the fabric shown!!!!

Do you have Prime, Netflix? Netflix has Call the Midwife and Downton Abbey...I finally got a cherished friend to try them both and she loved them.

Prime has Endeavour...another one I have her hooked on. ALSO, Roger is re-watching the hole series with me...for second time of rewatching and he just does not rewatch many things. Even with his stroke, he does not like to rewatch many things.

Oh, Prime also has Victoria. Another one that is so well done. I have not asked Roger to rewatch, but it is one that he would probably watch again.