Monday, April 25, 2022

Unhappy Camper

 I have a cold. So far it is just a sore throat and cough (I sound like a cross between Marlene Dietrich and a growling rabid dog) but I'm waiting for the rest to hit. Nyquil is my friend.

I got all the jelly roll quilts repaired, but I'm kinda tired of looking at them so I have put them aside. I'll square them up and make their backs later. I think I have plenty to quilt...still no Moxie - I'll call the dealer again tomorrow - if I don't get a good response, I'll contact the Handi Quilter headquarters, I've already talked to them once.

A lot of years ago I bought a doll cradle thinking I'd paint it and store quilts in it. I've decided that will never happen, so I cleaned up the cradle and made new bedding for it.


I made the pillow, receiving blanket and mattress cover from a very soft blue flannel I already had. The mattress is made from one of my FMQ practice quilts. I knew there was a reason to save it. I gave the set to a friend of my moms who has two great granddaughters under 3 years old. Hopefully they will have lots of fun playing with it.

I went to the Umpqua Valley Quilt Guild's show last Friday (I think that is where I caught the cold). Here are my two favorite quilts.

I forgot to take pictures of the labels for both quilts. I do know the quilt above is a Jaybird Quilts pattern and the one below is a Judy Niemeyer quilt pattern.


My pictures don't do these quilts justice. They were both beautiful. I'm not even tempted to make either. I just really enjoyed seeing them.

I also got all the Aunt Daisy units trimmed! Yes, there is an ! at the end, I'm so happy they are finally done. I'm not going to bore you a with a picture of trimmed blocks...the trimmed pile looks exactly like the untrimmed pile.



1 comment:

Rose said...

I was so ready to hear that the cradle had become Bella's bed of choice. I just knew you were going to say/show that. I guess I am not good at predictions.

I so would love to go to a quilt show. It would be so much fun now that my daughter likes to quilt. Maybe next year the Indiana Heritage quilt show will take place.

Those two quilts are beautiful.

I wish you would get your Moxie...two months seems like a long time to wait...