Monday, April 4, 2022

UFO Challenge

 Well, no swear words were said when I did my taxes. I got enough from Peter so that I could pay Paul, so that all worked out.

However, there was swearing last week. I was so pleased with myself, while I didn't finish the Daphne quilt by March 31, I did finish it on April 1. Including the binding and all but 5 inches of the back...why did I stop at 5 inches from the end? Because I sewed my blankey blank finger and broke the needle! There was a lot of blood, but the injury was fairly minor as the needle hit the fleshy side of my finger.

So, here's the Daphne quilt.


I like how this quilt turned out. Although there is a major error in one of the blocks. I'm not going to tell you which one.  Unless you have the pattern, you will never know. And, yes, I could have fixed it before putting the quilt together, but I chose not to.  Lazy or attitude I'll let you choose.

It took a few days to get back on the horse, but I did, and finished my April UFO challenge top.


It took about 5 minutes (maybe 65 minutes) to add the sashing to the blocks. I'm not going to add a border. The blocks were made by Erin at My Patchwork Life, all I did was add the sashing. The binding and back are also made.

So now what? I'm in a kind of limbo. The only project I currently have going is the Aunt Daisy quilt along and that won't take long - this month is 128 half square triangles. I'm hoping to get those made and squared up this week. 

Then what?

I need a new leader ender project but can't decide on what. I have a huge amount of 5 inch squares I want to use but can't decide on a pattern.

I need to make backs for a bunch of donation quilts I picked up. Plus a few of my own. 

I'm hoping my Moxie will be delivered soon (electrical cord is on backorder). Then I'll be really busy.

I do have a couple of pinned small quilts I could work on...and really should work on...but I don't really wanna. 

I need to put a sleeve on two quilts so I can submit them to be displayed at the guild quilt show next month.

Plenty to do. I just don't feel like doing them.





2 comments:

Rose said...

You get so.much done! I have been wondering about your Moxie. Hopefully soon! I so love th as t quilt...I can tell.Bella approves!

Needled Mom said...

Oh ouch! Been there, done that and it is no fun. Your quilt looks beautiful though. I also like the blue and orange top.