Monday, June 13, 2022

Finished!

 I started quilting this back in January. I've avoided finishing it for three reasons (1) the horrible hi-loft poly batting, (2) didn't know what else to quilt, and (3) I wanted to use the Juki to finish quilting it. So this week I bit the bullet. It was easier using the Juki but it was still a wrestling match. Initially my thread kept breaking, so I loosened the tension and very very slowing quilted through those very bulking seams.

I'm not sure if I won or not.

This will be a very warm quilt, the back is a very soft flannel. It finished about 44 inches square and will be donated this Friday to Kiwanis Quilts for Kids.

2 comments:

Rose said...

Any finish is a win! And it looks great I think.

Needled Mom said...

That high loft batting is such a challenge. It looks great in the picture so I consider it a win.