Monday, June 27, 2022

Busy Week

 Last week was busy! Or maybe I should say busy for me. Aside from some yardwork, housework, and driving a friend to the hospital for hand surgery (at 7 a.m.) I also attended a Handi Quilter 3-day hands on longarm quilting event. OMG - it was intense, very informative, and wonderful! Very hands on. The experience levels of the other participants varied from no machine quilting at all to experienced long arm quilters. I was probably in the middle.

Other than a session on the Handi Quilter Pro Stitcher (which I skipped), the event covered long arm machine quilting basics, different types of feet, free motion quilting including basic shapes, gridwork, backgrounds and fillers. AND (insert happy dance) ruler work safety and basics. I love using rulers! I can't wait to load my next quilt.

I did manage to get some work done on a few projects. I did some sewing and cutting on a guild community service quilt.


This is going to be a very scrappy quilt. The blocks are about half done.


The June Aunt Daisy sew-a-long unit is square-in-a-square.  I need to make 80. Not my favorite block so I'm going to paper piece it. Everything is cut out and ready to go - 


I also finished up two folded star pin cushions (colors are kinda washed out it the picture). One for the long arm and one to put next to my sewing machine...hmmm should have made a third one as I currently have two sewing machines set up. These are fun and easy to make - deciding on fabric takes the longest.


2 comments:

Rose said...

I cannot believe I am this late visiting. I always think Monday morn that the if I stay up late enough I will have your blog to visit. and a lot of times I check to make sure you have not posted. But I did not even check that night.

Anyway, in that first photo I see a couple fabrics I think I have had...one for sure.

I so am going to love Aunt Daisy...cannot wait to see it when you finish

The pin cushions are so cute. If I did not have felted wool pin cushions, I would be tempted to make one.

Needled Mom said...

That sounds like a great class! The pincushions are adorable. Have fun with the PP!