Monday, June 6, 2022

Hahahaha

 

Did you really think I'd get all those chores done? Hahahaha! Never happen in a single week. I hate housework and I'm not too fond of yardwork either.

I did get everything that was moved from the long arm room to the spare bedroom back into the long arm room. Both rooms were cleaned. I cleaned and rearranged the sewing room - not sure if I like it - we'll see how it works out. The whole house has been vacuumed and the kitchen floor partially mopped because I tripped over Bella's water bowl and sent water everywhere. :o(

We've had more rain, which means more weeds and no mowing. Hopefully I'll get a bit of yard work done tomorrow.

I can't even blame the lack of chores completed on productive sewing...unless shopping at a quilt store counts as productive sewing? The store closing in Medford finally reduced their prices by 50%. Here is my haul:


Jelly roll of black solid. Back for the race car quilt. Cat's Cradle ruler tool, Purse emory boards. The real score was needles for the Moxie - 7 packages - shouldn't have to buy needles for a very long time.  Not much of a haul but I have a really difficult time justifying buying fabric when I have so much already.

Last Monday I dropped off the bear panel quilt and picked up two finished quilt tops from my guild community service chairperson. One was pinned the other wasn't - both had backs and batting.


I loaded, quilted, squared and added the binding to this scrappy rail quilt. It's about 40 x 50 so a really quick easy finish. I returned it at today's guild meeting. The second quilt I picked up is a different story - it is sparsely pinned, very wrinkled, and the batting was cut the exact same size as the quilt top (grrr), so it has been put in the back of the line.

No to-do list this week. What gets done will get done and what doesn't get done...oh well.



2 comments:

Rose said...

I love the rail fence...would you believe I have never made one? I like the back you got for the race car quilt...

Rose said...

Oh, meant to tell you I expanded the view of the rail fence in a new tab and looked and looked trying to see I had any of the fabrics in it...I didn't.