Monday, August 29, 2022

Finishes

 And not all of them are quilt related.

I had a landscape crew out last week to do some major work. Sorry, no before pics...I always forget those. It started out that the drip line to the shrubs down my driveway wasn't working and I was having to hand water.  Of course, when the landscape guy checked them out they worked fine.  GRRRR. I had some changes made to the drip lines so that everything should now get the appropriate amount of water. Plus everything was trimmed.


Much better.

They also removed all the dead grass (weeds) from the front. 


Now I have to get busy and put some weed barrier and tan bark down.

The best part was clearing out the old, ugly, half dead shrubs growing in the rock in front of the house. There were also blackberry bushes, very VERY tall weeds and when cleared out a small pine tree.


So much better! I also had them remove the drip lines that were watering everything so hopefully nothing or not much will grow back.

While they did the hard heavy work in the heat, I finished up the gold cat quilt.


Bella approved.


I have this gold flannel in my stash. It would work for a back but isn't my favorite. I'll decide when it comes time to quilt it. Both are hanging in the to-be-quilted closet.

I put together this table runner from some extra blocks Stephanie gave me.


I like how it turned out. The back and binding are made and it is hanging in the to-be-quilted closet also.

I also finished quilting and added the binding to the guild community service quilt.


My to-be-quilted count was 30 at the beginning of the week. Minus one plus two...31. :o(

To cheer me up I took this picture of Bella.


So petite and lady-like. ;o)




1 comment:

Rose said...

Bella made me laugh out loud!

Sounds like a lot has been going on at your house. And you are still accomplish some quilting. I like that table runner, too.