Monday, August 8, 2022

Quick Trip

 I took a quick trip to California over the weekend.  Long drive but had lots of fun.

I visited Angela. She picked up 9 tote boxes of free fabric at an estate sale a couple of months ago. We sorted through them and divided them up: fabric Angela wanted to keep, fabric I wanted to keep, fabric for the Goodwill, fabric and other odd stuff for a charity thrift store, and fabric I will donate to my Quilts for Kids group. 

I ended up bringing 5 tote boxes home. One of them has my fabric in it, one has flannel, one has polar fleece, one has novelty fabrics, and the last has miscellaneous fabrics including 4 finished kids quilt tops that I will finish and donate.

I also brought home 3 of Angela's finished tops to quilt. I'll show them when I finish quilting them.

I visited Stephanie also. We set up and organized her sewing space one day. The next day, she sewed while I played with a bunch of excess blocks she made and gave to me to make donation quilts.


This is the quilt top she finished while I was there. So pretty! She started off making a rail fence quilt but then decided to change it up. So creative!

These are the "extra" blocks she gave me:




These will be fun to finish.

I'll end this post with the ugliest / weirdest fabric I have ever seen. In was in one of the tote boxes.


Hahahahahaha. Don't you wish you could unsee that. Hahahahahaha. 


1 comment:

Rose said...

Actually, it makes me giggle...I have never seen it before and doubt if I ever see it again. Unless I come back here to have a laugh.

Was it hard to go through all that fabric, or can you do it and decide instantly what you think should be done with it?

Love what Stephanie decided to do. I would never have come up with that. The Rubber Ducky quilt will be so cute for a kid. And I like those other blocks an how you have arranged them.