Monday, August 22, 2022

More Ruler Work

 I have not been in the mood to sew. I haven't touched my August UFO or my Aunt Daisy projects. I did get the binding sewn on the two quilts I quilted last week.

Yesterday afternoon I was determined to do some piecing, so I got July's UFO out and started working on it about 8 p.m.  At 2:30 a.m. I got this far.

I still have to add the borders. Unfortunately, I cut the borders out, per the pattern instructions, in the beginning at 6 1/4 inches. When I squared up the blocks, I squared them up to 6 inches. The border is pieced so the strips have to be trimmed before I can add them.

Saturday, I loaded a guild community service quilt onto the frame. It sat there until the afternoon.


I wasn't sure what I wanted to quilt. I kinda wanted to play but I also kinda wanted it done. So I did both. The block frames have meandering in them and I'm using two different rulers to do some in-the-ditch quilting around the blocks and the curves in the stars. I'm not crazy about the design. I feel like it needs more...some filler or something. However, I don't feel like doing more so it will stay like this. 


Normally I hate quilting batiks, but the tension is perfect. The Moxie doesn't like the thick seams even with a size 18 needle. I'm about 1/3 done and will be replacing the needle before I start up tomorrow.


Bella has been staring at the pocket door for the last three days.


Turns out there was a lizard in there. She managed to catch it today, and I managed to catch her before she killed it. I also managed to catch the lizard and get it alive but tailless out the door. Yuck!


2 comments:

Rose said...

For not being in the mood to sew, you are still getting a lot done. That community quilt is a beauty!

Yeah for Bella finding the lizard and you being able to get it out alive. I had rather catch a snake to put out than a lizard. Actually I have cause a snake to put out of the sale room at the orchard. A garter snake.

I just do not want to touch a lizard or salamander!

Needled Mom said...

Bella is persistent! Nice job on your quilting. Batiks can be funny under the needle of a longarm.