Monday, September 4, 2023

Slow Progress

 I'm a happy camper, we had rain (with lighting and thunder but no new fires) two days last week. We've had two days of clear skies and clean air. Hopefully it will stay that way and fire season is over.

I have been trying to make one block of the Amazing quilt a night...I have one more left.


I'm debating about adding a border. If I do, I'll have to go shopping.

I've loaded Bon Appetit with Ash and have completed the top borders and two passes.


I'm doing a lot of custom quilting and playing, trying to be very careful, so it takes about 1 1/2 - 2 hours to complete a pass. A pass is going left to right filling in the area between the rails. I'm also doing at least two thread color changes with each pass. I'm probably doing everything the hard way, but it is working for me.

My August UFO Challenge project was the butterfly quilt. I'm happy to check it off my list. September's UFO is a bunch of partially sewn blocks I picked up last year at a Quilts for Kids meeting.


There was also lots of pieces and parts and a little bit of extra fabric. I think this is the layout I'm going to do. Not sure yet. Using what I have it will finish roughly 40 x 40 inches...not very big.





2 comments:

Rose said...

Is the Amazing quilt hard to keep straight? I am not sure I could keep things arranged right, right now. I will enjoy seeing how you quilted Bon Appetit..and liking the o tu her project, too.

Mary said...

That Amazing Quilt is amazing! That’s a lot of squares. I’ll bet you are having fun with the custom quilting. That is a long time for each pass.