Monday, September 18, 2023

Couple of Finishes

 The guild community service quilt top is finished.


Cute top and an easy pattern. I turned it back into the guild today.

Bon Appetit with Ash is also finished.


I did the background in each food block different. Although my paisleys and swirls always end up looking like the same thing.


It was fun to quilt.

The guild had its annual garage sale today. I don't know why I tell myself that I can't buy anything I never listen. Here's my haul:


Books, patterns and goodies.


Toward the end of the sale no one had bought this little kitty so I brought it home.


This is partially quilted but I think I'm going to take it all out.


Really liked this panel.


And these screamed "take me home", so I did.

Have you ever made a magic hour glass block from 4-patch blocks? I chased a squirrel and gave it a try.


You start by making two 4 patch blocks, then lay them right sides together and sew along the outside edge.


Once sewn, you cut the blocks diagonally to end up with four hourglass blocks. You just have to be careful as all the outside edges are on the bias. 

This is what the result could look like (not my quilt).


Very scrappy and very cute!




3 comments:

Rose said...

Again, you get so much done! Cant wait to see all on the computer.

Rose said...

I have just looked at all the pics in expanded view on computer. I love how you quilted around the jar and the carrots especially...and the echo quilting. Looks like you did some ruler work, too.

I forgot to say this morn, that is a great idea with the 4-patch blocks.

machine a sous en ligne gratuit said...

Thanks for the effort you put in to make this blog so helpful and informative