Monday, September 25, 2023

Lots of Prep Work

 I spent most of the past week prepping projects.

I started by cutting all the dog themed fabric I had left over from Oliver in the Doghouse into five inch squares so at some time in the future I can make a scrappy hourglass quilt using the technique I showed last week.

Then I moved on to my wool class homework.


All of the pieces are cut out and positioned to be whip stitched or needle turned down. My whip stitching and needle turning applique skills are non-existent so this should be interesting. It has to be done by the October 16th guild meeting. Thank goodness wonky is encouraged.

Then I got the back made for Stephanie's Xmas table runner and found a piece of scrap batting that was long and wide enough.


All ready to load. This should be fun to quilt.

The first clue for the Project Linus mystery was released on Saturday. I completed all the preparation cutting and have the first three blocks ready to applique and piece.




I have unofficially designated Sundays as Aunt Daisy day. I am determined to make progress on this quilt and thought if I designated one day a week that might happen. Last Sunday I finished 20 partially pieced triangle in a square blocks. Yesterday I finished 10 more. I now have 50 out of 192 finished. Maybe by this time next year the quilt will be finished. ;o}



1 comment:

Rose said...

That table runner is going to be so pretty....I am going to love your wool applique. I keep thinking I want to get some and do something but I never do.

Used to at Good Will you could find all kinds of women's wool suits, and I have not seen one in years...but then I haven't been inside a Good Will since probably before covid. But I would like to get some and cut them apart and felt the wool.

I am so anxious to see Aunt Daisy as a finished quilt.