Monday, February 15, 2021

Quiet Week

  

Last week was quiet, lots of errands / shopping / appointments, and not much sewing. To be honest, not much interest in sewing.

This coming Friday is the third Friday of the month, normally the Kiwanis' Quilts for Kids meets on this day however my little county in Oregon is on the Covid Extreme list so no meeting. I realized if we did meet I wouldn't have anything to contribute to I quickly loaded one of the quilt tops I picked up at the last meeting onto my frame....where it sat for three days.

Last night I finally quilted it. It was a wrestling match! I tried to quilt single and double loops but the machine just dragged...I know it is not the machine it is the carriage. After several attempts to figure out what was wrong I realized one of the track wheels was caked with crud. After cleaning them all things were much smoother.

Not my best quilt job but not too bad. I got it trimmed up today and found a fabric in my stash to use for the binding. Once the binding is on this will be my first finished quilt for 2021.

Someone kept trying to "help" while I was trimming the quilt. Bella does NOT like being told no. She lunges and bites - hard. Do you remember the old TV show The Honeymooners? Ralph was always telling Alice "To the moon, Alice. To the moon!" I seriously thought about teaching Bella how to fly today. Thank goodness for squirt bottles.

One of my errands last week was picking up the Sew Steady extension table for my new sewing machine. I ordered it when I purchased the machine and it finally arrived. I ordered the 24 x 24 table. It is large!

See the colorful pile of fabric in front? Since I don't have enough WIPs/UFOs I cut out a new donation quilt today. It should go together quickly. I'd really like to have a second donation quilt finished soon. What I really need to do is focus on finishing a few other quilt tops. Focus Joy. Focus!


2 comments:

Rose said...

Oh, I so love the new project fabrics. They make my heart sing. I cannot seem to focus on anything and get it finished...so you are doing wonderful to be able to decide to pick out a top.and get it quilted and finished.

Needled Mom said...

Glad you sorted out the problem with the longarm. It’s amazing how quickly they get bunked up. That’s a nice sized extension table. You will enjoy that.