Monday, February 22, 2021

Brrrrr

 Baby, it's cold inside! My furnace stopped putting out warm air yesterday.  Took a while to notice as I was loading this quilt onto the frame.

This room is always cold (about 5-7 degrees colder that the center of the house) but about half way through loading the quilt I was thinking it was really cold. Checked the thermostat - 66 degrees. Hmmm, it is set for 68. So I cranked it up and listened - nothing. Boogers!

The heating and air technician was out this afternoon. Luckily the furnace can be fixed. Unluckily he didn't have the part on him so he'll be back tomorrow.

Thank goodness for electricity and gas fireplaces.

It doesn't put out a lot of heat but it takes the chill out of the room. I also have a little space heater that I've set up in my sewing room. I've also found no heat is good incentive to clean house...heats up those cold muscles (hehehe). 

So last week I showed a little teaser of a squirrel donation quilt...I finished it a couple of day's ago.

The panel was actually for a toddler's soft book. I cut it up and add rail strips. I love how it turned out. I had enough of the rail strips that I decided to piece a back for the dinosaur quilt...

...but it is just too cute to be a back. So I found a great teal fabric for the dinosaur quilt (it is already pinned and ready for quilting) and some soft flannel scraps to back the rail quilt. A bonus quilt!

Now, no new quilts are allowed. I must focus! As soon as the heat is back I'll finish the quilt on the frame and load the rail quilt. Or put the borders on the my February UFO Challenge quilt. Or sew the Exploding Heart top together. Or quilt....see what I mean about needing to focus.


3 comments:

Rose said...

You get so much stuff done! I am loving that rail fence...the dinosaur quilt is cute, too.

Bella looks like she is enjoying the gas fireplace!

Speaking of furnaces/heat. MIne has been making a funny noise...I need to call about it. But sure as I do it won't make the noise. That is how it did a couple years ago.

Needled Mom said...

My focusing has the same problem!!! lol. That’s awful about loosing your heat. It looks like the kitty knows the best place to be. I hope they get the part quickly.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

I agree--house cleaning is great for warming up! Nice projects :o)