Monday, February 1, 2021

Yikes!

 

Normally the pictures on my phone/camera determine what I'm going to post here...this morning this was the only picture I had.


How boring is that? I had enough Sunny Lane scraps to make two placemats. The pieces and parts will be used to make the back for each placemat.

So the hunt was on to find something to post...Okay, how about the results of my January UFO Challenge.

I knew I wouldn't finish this cross stitch project but I am pleased with the progress and my attitude toward the project - I've enjoyed working on it this past month and I know I will continue until it is done. It is no longer a UFO but a WIP.

I also worked on my 2021 blackwork project. I'm about two weeks behind but that is okay. As I mentioned the last time I showed it, the flowers and multiple thread colors in each box are a challenge and take a little bit longer to stitch than last year's filler boxes.

Even though I made a list of new projects I wanted to make this year I'm not going to start a new one for February. I did get all of the blocks sewn and squared up for January's Exploding Heart quilt but it is going to be a lot of work putting these rows together and not screwing up.

Should we start a betting pool for how many times I screw this up? Funnies aside, I am loving this quilt and my fabric choices (I do need to move some of those yellow daisy around). Bella is not allowed in the spare bedroom while this is laid out on the bed. It would really explode if she got a hold of it.

And now my February UFO Challenge - #2 on the list...can I skip this one? NO! This is my oldest UFO and I am determined to make significant progress on it in February. I tried to see if I ever showed this before but couldn't find a post (might need to go back more than six years). I know I did work on it at one of Lynn Wilder's retreats three or four years ago.

Click on the picture and look at the date in the bottom right corner...that is when I started this project. Have I ever mentioned how much I hate dislike curved piecing? Or Y-seams? This quilt has both.

It is the first kit I ever bought - I still think the fabric and colors are beautiful. All the blocks are cut out and ready to sew...maybe we should start another betting pool on how many excuses I come up with to not work on it...or how many swear words I say as I'm piecing those curves. ;o)


4 comments:

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

I love that heart quilt but I could see how one could easily mess it up when putting it all together! I always take frequent pics and then keep my phone next to me as I sew; I also have pins to mark row #'s. I'm one who easily messes that stuff up so I use all the help I can get! Getting the design wall last year was also a huge help! Good luck!

Needled Mom said...

Wow! That heart quilt is gorgeous. You’re making great progress on the stitchery too.

Rose said...

Your exploding hears quilt is the prettiest one if it I have seen. You are doing great on the hand stitching. That last UFO is going to be so beautiful. I am so slow with curves it woukd take me the rest of my life. I have not did very many.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I got a big chuckle about having to write a post with only one photo. That has happened to me too - earlier this month I had to go to the archives and dig out photos people had already seen. At least now, I have my computer running again and can use the "stock photos" I make when I walk the dog.