Monday, March 29, 2021

What would you do?

 

I didn't sew a lot last week - finished another ebook that was due. I decided I wanted a set of the hexie coasters so I made up three more.

Bella helped me add a few more rows to the Exploding Heart quilt. She is so helpful.


 And I tried to prep the quilts I got from Quilts for Kids last week. That is where the "what would you do" comes in.

I think the same person who made the last two donation quilts I quilted made these three. Those two had their issues but turned out okay. To me the next two quilts have major issues that would not be okay. The Strawberry Shortcake quilt is made from a sheet...an old worn faded sheet.

This red, white and blue quilt is made from a flannel sheet...an old nubby stained sheet. While both look good in the pictures I just couldn't see finishing these quilts. I called the Quilts for Kids coordinator and she agreed with me that they weren't worth finishing. Part of me hates to throw them away but the other part of me wouldn't want to be the person to received something as a gift that looked and felt old and used.

Luckily there was one nice quilt in the bunch. I've already found a backing fabric in my stash and hope to have it quilted soon.


3 comments:

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

So nice of Bella to, um, hold things in place for you. Honestly, I'd toss them too. Think of the wasted time on something that is already old and used looking--it could be much better spent on something else.

Bonnie said...

They might could be donated to an animal shelter. Bella is a good helper. I have two helpers like that and they love sewing quilts.

Rose said...

I would toss or make a quilt for an animal shelter. Bella is such a good helper...oh, wait a minute. I think it might be you helping her.