Monday, January 24, 2022

Still Thinking About It

 

 Well I made some progress on the Kaleidoscope quilt and then stalled out again, a couple of times. First I decided that I was going to make the background all one fabric. Second I decided I didn't like the roundness of the kaleidoscope so I unsewed and changed out a couple of the segments. This is the current status:

I really like this shape and the added touch of yellow on all the tips. But I still feel like it needs something else. Playing around I kinda sorta like both of these corner ideas.


And I kinda sorta don't like them. I'll probably stare at it for another week and hopefully figure out what's next.

Want to see my leader-ender project while I was putting the Kaleidoscope project together?

Rookie Vibe by Sandy Gervais is a quick, easy, and fun to make quilt. It could easily be made in a day.

I still need to machine applique the little bird but I wanted to show a close up so you could see the background fabric I used. The quilt is made with 6 fat quarters and a background fabric. I used what I thought were the ugly dull prefect fat quarters from the Prim bundle. I love how this little quilt turned out - not ugly or dull at all.








1 comment:

Rose said...

I need to.look at this on the computer. I love it, but I loved it round, too. I dont know how I would finish this.